Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Down by the bay

Guest post by Maggie on our overnight camping trip to Wallowa Lake, OR:


 This Labor Day weekend we ventured into Wallowa Lake,OR where we camped for one night and then headed back home to Pullman. On the way there we drove through Lewiston,ID, Clarkston,WA, Enterprise,OR and Joseph,OR

















We stopped at a picnic area for lunch, after we got there. Then we went on a hike to see the rushing creek/river that ran through the hike.Which Daddy went off the trail to go feel the rushing cold (brr!) water.


Then we went  to are camp sight where we set up the tents and stuff. The playground  was very close so Andrew and I went to play.Then we had a dinner of sausage and potatoes on the Colman gas stove as it got chillier. Then we went and got some fire wood for a marshmallow fire.










 We made smores and I caught my marshmallow on fire 2 times! We hung out by the fire looking at the stars until we got to cold and tired.



 It was a very chilly morning and I heard some chirping or honking noise. I ignored it until my curiousity got the best of me. I peeked out of the tent  window and saw a caravan of deer right across from our campsight some fawns a couple males and a few females.

 My mom saw me and said it was 6:00 am so I got to go back to sleep for a while. Then we made hash browns and bacon and cocoa on the stove. With the extra wood we made a second fire.


 When it warmed up we walked to the gift shop and to visit the lake one last time before we headed for Pullman. We went to the little river /creek to say goodbye and I felt the water. Then we left at 11:30 to head home before it got to late.

It was very cold at night and in the morning, but Wallowa lake was beautiful! 
        
- Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment